Residents who have a confirmed room assignment can submit a room change request if they are wanting to change their assignment. Preference for room change requests depends on room availability, the reason for the request, and the date the request is received.
Instructions for submitting a request PRIOR to the start of the semester:
- You must have a housing assignment for the upcoming semester.
- Submit your top 3 preferred room types via your Housing Portal.
- Specific Room Number and/or Specific Housemates is optional to request.
- If there are multiple residents involved in a request, all residents must complete the room change request separately.
- Once our staff receives your request, your name will be added to the room change waitlist. If space becomes available and we are able to move you, we will notify you via your SSU email.
- Room Change Requests will be considered up until two weeks before move-in.
Instructions for submitting a request DURING the semester:
- Room Change Requests will not be considered until two weeks after the start of the semester.
- Submit request via your Housing Portal.
- The request will be forwarded to the applicable Area Coordinator for Review.
- In some instances, room changes for lifestyle differences, roommate conflicts, and other requests may require intervention from REACH staff with potential agreements being established.
- If plans change and the student decides not to change rooms, they will need to email the REACH Office to inform them of this decision right away.
- If the room change is approved, then the resident will be given one or more vacancies to check out. The resident will meet the potential roommate (if applicable) and one or more housemates of the vacancies. The student will notify the REACH Office of the desired room no later than 11:00 a.m. Thursday of that week.
- The resident will come in Friday after 1:30 p.m. to the REACH Office in Zinfandel Village to have their SSU Seawolf ID encoded with the new room so they can move over the weekend.
- The resident will be issued a temporary card for the old room which must be returned to the REACH Office the following Monday.