S.T.E.P. Up for Sustainability
The Residential Community is committed to doing our share in helping the University become a more sustainable SSU. Residential Education and Campus Housing (REACH) staff recognize the valuable role we can play in educating and empowering our residents to move towards a more sustainable ideology and set of practices.
STEP UP Goals
Throughout the year REACH coordinates the STEP Up for Sustainability initiative using educational campaigns and challenges in the residential community and beyond, focusing on three areas. The three areas are:
- Water and Energy Conservation
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Waste Management
STEP UP Learning Outcomes
What Sonoma State students will learn in regarding sustainability:
- Students will know Sonoma State’s commitment to sustainability, especially as it relates to water and energy conservation, responsible consumption and production, and waste management.
- Students will understand implications of their behavior and learn tools that meet the University's commitment to sustainability.
- Students will be able to demonstrate what practices they must engage in and actions they must take to live.