Instructions for 2022/2023
Please review the instructions below on how to complete the contracting materials.
Incoming First-Year, Transfer and Current SSU students living off campus:
Log onto the Housing Portal using your SSU ID number and password.
Step #1 - Secure a space on campus when you apply for campus housing by making your $300 Housing Down Payment. After making your payment, and receiving a confirmation of payment, you will need to finish the step by clicking on "Go to step #2." We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla/Firefox for this process. There is a pop up when making your payment, please make sure your device allows popups. You do not need to commit to SSU to apply, however, you will need to commit to SSU in order to receive a room assignment.
Step #2 - Complete your profile information and accept the Student Housing License Agreement.
Step #3 - Submit your Living Community preference and rank your room type preference based on the living community. Assignments are determined by space availability therefore we do not guarantee placement. Assignments are first come first serve.
Step #4 - If you have a specific person whom you want to live with, please follow the instructions on requesting a roommate.
*if you are having any trouble with these steps, please contact our office at email@example.com or 707-664-2541 during regular business hours. The REACH Staff will be happy to assist you.
Helpful information to know:
- Students under the age of 18 will require a cosigner. An email will be sent to the cosigner with a link to the License Agreement. The cosigner will type the confirmation code listed in the email. The agreement will not be complete until the co-signature is signed electronically.
- Visit our Housings Options webpage to view the Living Communities and accommodations for our incoming freshmen and transfer students and continuing students.
- It’s important to review the cost of the various living areas to determine which accommodation is financially feasible. Please review the 2022/2023 rates for the different room types. For students who need to make payments, the semester charge is broken down into 4 installments each semester.
- The assignment priority date is determined by the date you applied for campus housing and paid your housing down payment.
- We recommend ranking up to three room types in case your first and second choices are not available. Assignments may be adjusted to accommodate demand. If your preferences are not available, we will make the best assignment possible based upon availability.
- Review the Housing Regulations and Guidelines carefully. Prior to arriving on-campus, you are expected to know and understand the policies.
- State law requires us to provide you with information about Meningococcal Disease and available vaccinations.
- All SSU students are required to follow the university requirements pertaining to immunizations and vaccines. (COVID-19 requirements and other immunization requirements)
- Please see our Cancellation page for questions around canceling your application or assignment.
Roommate Request (optional):
The University does not ask any personality questions to determine assignments. Living in a community provides students with the opportunity to live with students with a variety of backgrounds. Students will be able to request a potential roommate during the month May. This step is optional and not required. Your request will need to be mutual; students will need to request each other and housing preferences must be the same. Please see our Roommate Group guidelines page for more information.
Sign Up for a Meal Plan (available to transfer and continuing students):
Incoming Transfer students and continuing SSU students can sign up for a meal plan. Meal plans provide convenience and flexibility to help you save time and money all while eating delicious food and making connections with peers. A meal plan grants you access to an all-you-care-to-eat experience at The Kitchens, which features numerous options each day. For more information, please visit the Culinary Services Meal Plan website. Meal plans will be available for purchase for incoming transfer and continuing students starting June 1, 2022. All Incoming freshmen will be enrolled in the Seawolf All Access Meal Plan (this is included in the rates).