Moving Out of the Residential Community:
If you decide to move out of the residential community, you will need to complete the Housing Intent form indicating the date and time you would like to move out.
Residents will need to remove all belongings, clean up the space and complete the online Express CheckOut no later than Tuesday, March 31, 2020. You do not need to come to the REACH Office to deativate your ID Card.
Move Out Instructions:
- Residents will need to complete the Housing Intent Form indicating that they will be moving out of the residential community and the date they are planning to move out. This form needs to be submitted by Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
- All residents who want to move out of the community must do so by Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
- In order to adhere to social distancing while moving out of the residential community, we are asking residents to move out during a specific block of time (if possible). Block times are based on the residents last name and will repeat daily through March 31, 2020. We do understand that some residents may not be able to adhere to this request, so we ask that they keep to the social distancing requests by our governing officials.
Last name A-H 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
Last names I-P 11:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
Last names Q-Z 3:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- When moving out, it is important for residents to remember the following things:
- Remove all personal items from all drawers, closets, under the bed, and from community spaces
- Wipe down countertops and vacuum/sweep floors
- Clean the kitchen and remember to empty and clean the refrigerator, dishwasher, and cupboards
- All garbage and recycling needs to be removed and placed in the appropriate dumpster.
- All toxic waste needs to be brought to the laundry room in their community (old cell phones, broken electronics, household chemicals and cleaning items, dead batteries, etc.)
- Pick up any mail and/or packages from the Service Desk dailey between 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Update your mailing address in SSU Online and with all your online retailers (Amazon Prime, Hello Fresh, etc.). Items delivered after individuals leave will be “Returned To Sender” unless they were mailed through the United States Postal Service. USPS items will be forwarded to your mailing address in SSU Online.
- Items left behind will be donated or disposed of, and a monetary charge may be placed on a resident’s account.
- Any damage charges to the apartment/suite will be split between all occupants unless a resident(s) takes personal responsibility (per the housing contract)
- Once completely moved out of their space and the above items have been taken care of, the resident will need to complete the Express Checkout Form. If this form is not complete it will impact your ability to receive a refund. There is nothing else for you to do at this time. You do not need to come to the REACH Office to deativate your ID Card.
April 1 Payments/Refunds:
You will not need to make your final housing and meal plan payments. Residents who have paid their housing in full will be credited accordingly.
Parking Permit Refunds:
Credits for April and May will be issued to residents who have a parking permit.