Off-Campus Housing Advice and Assistance

There are a variety of resources within Sonoma County to assist with searching, providing advice on rental housing problems, landlord/tenant issues, short term lodging, and other local services. Please feel free to contact our office with questions at (707) 664-2541. If we are unsure about the answer, we will refer you to the right agency or company.

The internet offers many ways for students to search for accommodations in Sonoma County without leaving their home. The following is a selected list of web sites that offer rental listings ranging from vacant apartment to rooms in houses and other moving services. 

Sonoma State does not endorse any site or organization over others; if a new entity is interested in listing their website here, please email

Helpful Links Related to Furniture and Utilities


Property Management Companies

Property management companies manage rental properties and in some cases assist with finding rentals. The following is a selected list of property management companies. 

Sonoma State does not endorse any management company over others; if a new entity is interested in listing their website here, please email

REACH can provide rental references for students who have lived on campus. References will not be given over the phone. Please be sure to include the name of the landlord or agency requesting the reference, the fax number where the form should be returned, the applicant’s name and signature approving release. If known, please include the SSU Student ID number. In lieu of an original signature, a copy of the release on the rental application may be submitted.  A physical "wet" signature is required - no electronic signatures allowed at this time. Requests will be processed within 24 hours of receipt by SSU Residential Education and Campus Housing (REACH). Certain times of year may have longer processing times.  To avoid tampering, hard copies will never be released to residents, but only to landlords directly.


Rental Reference Form

We have compiled some additional links to figure out what Rohnert Park is like, places to go, eat, and take care of business.

Rental Problems

There are a number of agencies that can help you if you have questions regarding legalities of renting in Sonoma County. 

Fair Housing of Sonoma County can help if you have been denied housing or treated worse than other applicants or tenants due to your membership in a protected class, such as your race, national origin, disability, sex/gender, color, marital status, sexual orientation, immigration status, or any arbitrary characteristic. 

If you have more general landlord-tenant concerns or housing issues, please contact Legal Aid of Sonoma County and/or California Rural Legal Assistance