Applications for Continuing SSU Students
Priority application period February 7 - 16, 2023. Even though the priority housing application period is over, you can still apply to live on campus for the next academic year! Because capacity has not been reached, students who apply by 2/26 will be assigned a lottery number on 2/27 so they can participate in the room selection process.
Let’s put the myth to rest - you CAN live on campus for multiple years!
Our Tuscany Village townhomes and the Beaujolais Village and Sauvignon Village apartments are popular, but that doesn’t mean we will not be able to house you! Below is a brief description on how the application process works for Fall 2023/Spring 2024 Academic Year or Spring 2024 semester ALL for our continuing Seawolves (currently living on campus or living off campus wanting to move on).
- Ensure you are meeting deadlines by checking your SSU email daily.
- When you apply, you will make a $300 Housing Down Payment. The $300 will be applied to your first-semester rent charges. (Students who have a financial hardship should contact the REACH Office 48 hours prior to any deadline for alternative payment options).
- Students must be in good financial standing in order to secure/maintain a room assignment.
- Room assignments are NOT GUARANTEED. Priority is determined by your lottery/waitlist number for the Fall/Spring application or the date you apply to live on campus for Spring.
- Priority Applications for the 2023/2024 academic year open on February 7 and will close on February 16 at 4:00 p.m. See the 2023/2024 drop-down menu below for instructions.
- Students who apply during this time will be assigned a lottery number for assignment.
- Priority is given to students currently living on campus for Spring 2023.
- Continuing students who miss the deadline can still apply! If capacity has not been reached, students will be assigned a lottery number, otherwise, they will be placed on a waitlist based on when they applied after the deadline.
- Applications for Spring 2024 ONLY open October 1. Apply early for the best chance of getting your preferred room type and location.
Please note housing applications are accepted until capacity is reached. In the event that we reach capacity, we will continue to accept applications and payments. Students will be placed on a waitlist. In the event that we are unable to house you one week after the semester begins, we will refund the payment in full.
Before you begin...
We encourage students to research their options ahead of time:
Is there a Living Learning Community or Village that interests you?
While not required, students can join a Living Learning Community (LLC) to get connected and continue to participate in building a thriving living environment (LLCs are connected to specific villages/room types). Others may prefer a specific village or building. Note: Alsace will not be available as it has been designated as the Transfer House.
What room type fits your budget?
Take a look at our On Campus Rates & Installments. It is important to know the cost of where you are going to live and what is affordable. Meal Plans are not required for sophomores and above, but are encouraged.
What room type are you looking for?
Do you prefer a single, double or triple occupancy room? Check out the Housing Options. (some room types are limited).
- Be enrolled in at least 9 units each semester.
- Have a $0 housing rent/food balance from previous semesters.
Need to Cancel?
Cancellations received by June 1 for Fall applicants, and December 15 for Spring only applicants will receive a 50% refund of the Housing Down Payment; no refund thereafter. Students who complete the application process and receive a room assignment from REACH will be charged a $250 fee for not providing thirty (30) day notice if they cancel after August 1 for Fall January 1 for Spring, or fail to check in seven (7) days after the start of the semester.
Apply for Housing & Assignment Process…..
Select the Term you are wanting to apply for below
2023/2024 Academic Year
2023/2024 Application Timeline
Incoming students are assigned a residential space in June, therefore, room selection for continuing students is generally available before the incoming first-year, transfer, and graduate students are assigned. The general room selection process, in March, is a lottery-based process. General room selection is not a first-come, first-served process. Late applicants will be assigned based on when they apply.
- Log into the Housing Portal (you will need your SSU username and password) and click on "2023/2024 Academic Year Housing."
- Applications are available February 7 - 16 at 4:00 p.m. While the application process is NOT first come first serve, if you choose to apply on the first day, to prevent overloading the system, we need to stagger the application process. Please apply during your designated time:
- Cabernet & Zinfandel resident @ 10 a.m.
- Verdot resident @ 11 a.m.
- Sauvignon resident @ 1 p.m.
- Beaujolais resident @ 2 p.m.
- Tuscany resident @ 3 p.m.
- SSU Student living off campus 4:00 p.m.
- Make the $300 Housing Down Payment.
- If you are experiencing financial hardship, please email our office for an alternative payment option.
- Complete your profile information and agree to the terms and conditions of the student housing license agreement. You will receive a confirmation that this step was completed. Students who do not complete this process will not receive a lottery number.
- Select your preferred Living Community (optional)
- Make sure you reviewed the Housing Options and On Campus Rates as some Living Communities are limited to certain room types.
- Receive your lottery number on February 27 with instructions on when and how to self-select your Fall & Spring room assignment.
- Create a Roommate PIN. Students wanting to live with others will need to create a personal Roommate PIN prior to the start of the room selection process.
- Room Selection: March 7 - 9
- Room Selection is available only to students who have received a lottery number. The lottery number represents the date and time a student can participate in the room selection process. During this time, students will select the specific apartment and bedroom “letter” for the full academic year.
- March 7: Room selection for a complete group that can FILL an apartment (Beaujolais 4 residents total, Sauvignon 6-7 residents total, Tuscany 6 residents total). Choose from any available apartment.
- March 8 & 9: Room selection for individuals or non-complete groups. Choose from any available apartment/bed spaces.
- Please note, room types and location are not guaranteed and are based on inventory.
- Students are encouraged to select a room regardless if it is not their first choice. Students will forfeit their space and have their application canceled if they fail to select a room.
Again, we strongly encourage students to book a room, although their preferred room type or location is not available, at their lottery time. Students can participate in a room change process that will open in the following weeks.
*Need to cancel? Cancellations received by June 1 for Fall applicants will receive a 50% refund of the Housing Down Payment; no refund thereafter. Students who complete the application process and receive a room assignment from REACH will be charged a $250 fee for not providing thirty (30) day notice, if they cancel after August 1 for Fall, or fail to check-in seven (7) days after the start of the semester.
General Room Selection Information for 2023/2024
Students will be self selecting a bedspace for the following Academic Year March 7 - 9. Please see our General Room Selection webpage for more information
Our housing system requires you to select your roommate BEFORE you choose your room. If you want to make sure you have the roommate you want, you will need to create a personalized access code in order to room with friends. In the Housing Portal, click on "Current Resident," then "Roommate/Group Access Code" to create your personalized code. Give this to the person/group with whom you want to live. This is only available to those who have been offered a space. Students not offered a space for the General Room Selection will not be able to participate in this process. When you select your room, the first roommate in the process will pull the other roommate into the selected room using the PIN code.
Please read through our Reapply Process FAQs for all your questions about down payments, room selection, and offers.
Spring 2024 Only
Spring 2024 ONLY
Log into the Housing Portal (you will need your SSU username and password) and click on "Apply Spring 2024."
Make the $300 Housing Down Payment.
Financial Hardship? Please email our office for an alternative payment option.
Complete your profile information and agree to the terms and conditions of the student housing license agreement.
Select your preferred Living Learning Community.
Make sure you reviewed the Housing Options and On Campus Rates & Installments as some Living Communities are limited to certain room types.
You can return to this section up until November 30 to update your preference without it affecting your priority.
Request a specific roommate *please contact the REACH Office for Spring only application instructions.
Requests must be mutual (same living area and ranked room type). Roommates must request each other. Mismatched requests will not be processed.
Roommate requests are viewed as a priority over room-type requests. This means we will do our best to assign you with your requested roommate first, regardless of the room type preference.
Room Assignments will be emailed to the student SSU email address in early December Spring only students. *Students must have paid the Housing Down Payment in full in order to receive a room assignment.
*Need to cancel? Cancellations received by December 15 for Spring applicants will receive a 50% refund of the Housing Down Payment; no refund thereafter. Students who complete the application process and receive a room assignment from REACH will be charged a $250 fee for not providing thirty (30) day notice, if they cancel after January 1 for Spring, or fail to check in seven (7) days after the start of the semester.