We recognize that you may have circumstances that require you to arrive on campus sooner than Move-In Day. We will be accepting early arrival requests June 15 through August 1.
Residential Education and Campus Housing (REACH) relies on summer conference group revenue to keep student rent as low as possible. This means we try to accommodate as many groups as possible over the summer and into August, causing a tight turnaround for summer conferences to academic year student residency. Therefore, we can ONLY accommodate students who need to arrive early if they are required to check-in early due to their employment/connection with a Sonoma State University department or program. The units sponsoring these students are responsible for the per night cost associated with these students living on campus before Move-in Day.
If a department/program requires students to be on campus prior to Move-in Day as an essential business function, they need to notify REACH by Noon on July 26, 2019. Some important items to be aware of include the following:
- The earliest an Early Arriving Student can move in is 3:00 pm on Sunday, August 11
- Departments are charged per night based on the student’s fall assignment
- Students may not pay REACH or the University directly. All charges for Early Arriving Students are processed through departments needing those student to arrive early
- While our goal is for Early Arriving Students to move into their Fall assignment, depending on their Fall assignment, they may be placed in a temporary suite prior to moving to their Fall room.
- Students are department guests until their license agreement officially begins on Move-in Day (August 17). Any charges for damages and /or policy violations prior to August 17 may be billed to the sponsoring departments.
- Mid-July - Room assignments are emailed to students (we strive to send assignments to students by July 15, but we appreciate your flexibility)
- July 26 or earlier - Departments send us a list of students who have an on-campus housing assignment for which they are requesting early arrival (before Move-in Day), and the dates the department wants them to move in (August 11 or after)
- August 2 - Early Arrivals cancelled after August 2 will still incur the daily rate charge (as our department coordinates "turning over" rooms well in advance)
- August 2 - Sponsoring departments notify their Early Arriving Students of their check-in date and any applicable move-in information
- August 2-16 - Early Arriving Student names received after August 2 may be accepted if the request can be accommodated. Departments will be assessed an administrative fee of 25% in addition to the nightly rate
- August 11, 3:00 pm - The earliest an Early Arriving Student can move in
Departments are responsible for communicating with their Early Arriving Students regarding information about their move-in dates and times, in addition to answering inquiries about whether or not they are on the list. REACH staff will gladly redirect students to our campus partners who are coordinating their students early arrival process.