We are excited about your interest in living on campus. Research over the past 50+ years demonstrates that students who live on campus for multiple years tend to be more successful. This means getting higher GPAs, finding jobs in their chosen fields, graduating on time, and incurring less debt.
Below is a brief description of the timeline and how the application process works for the 2020-2021 academic year. We cannot guarantee your top preference for village, community, or room type, but based on history, we feel confident we will be able to provide housing to all those who apply. To learn more about the options available to you, please visit our Housing Options webpage.
- Starting March 6: Students living on campus, studying abroad, living off campus, or took a leave of absence for Spring 2020 can apply. Applications are for a space on campus, not a room type or location. Students will be placed onto a waitlist in order of the date they applied.
- As on-campus spaces become available, students will be removed from the waitlist. All communication will be sent via email.
- Students will need to accept offer to live on campus, make the $300 housing down payment*, and select room type preference.
- Students assigned to a non-preferred room type can request a room change after Spring Break.
- June 15: Last day to cancel and receive a 50% refund of the housing down payment
- July 1: Last day to request a room change.
Complete the Housing Application
In the application, you will be asked to complete the following:
- Update your Emergency and Missing Contact information - this can be the same person or different people
- Share if you will be seeking accommodations for a disability (you will need to contact Disability Services for Students to make the official request)
- Provide your consent (or not) to live in an apartment with another student who may have an Emotional Support Animal or Service Animal.
- Pay the $300 Housing Down Payment (applied toward Fall housing charges)*
- Accept the license agreement by providing an electronic signature**
- Indicate your interest in being considered for either Sophomore House or Unity House, two of our Residential Learning Communities. For more information about these communities, visit our Residential Learning Community page
*If you are unable to pay the down payment, you may send an email to Elizabeth Chelini which reduces the initial payment and the remaining balance will be on your student account.
**If you are under 18 at the time of applying for housing, your parent/guardian will need to verify the application and acknowledgment of the license agreement. They’ll get an email with instructions on how to complete this verification.
Cancellation Refund Policy
The housing down payment is 50% refundable once the payment is made if requested in writing by June 15, 2020; non-refundable thereafter. Email your refund request to email@example.com.
Receive your Assignment
You will be notified of your room assignment shortly after an assignment is made. More information will be shared with your SSU email address. This assignment notification will contain your:
- Community (if applicable)
- Room type
- Roommte contact information (for all students living in your suite or apartment
- Mailing address
- Move-in information