We are excited about your interest in living on campus. Research over the past 70-80 years demonstrates that students who live on campus for multiple years tend to be more successful. This means getting higher GPAs, finding jobs in their chosen fields, graduating on time, and incurring less debt.
Below is a brief description of the timeline and how the application process works for the 2020-2021 academic year. Students who complete their application (including submitting the down payment) and are offered a space will get to select their roommates and room in late February. As you know, we cannot guarantee your top preference for village, community, or room type, but completing your application by Friday, February 7th at 4:00 p.m. ensures your ability to participate. To learn more about the options available to you, please visit our Housing Options webpage.
- January 27 – February 7: Students living on campus for Spring 2020 can apply
- February 21: Information about room selection or waitlists will be available to applicants
- February 26 – 28: student will be able to select their room out of the available rooms for 2020-2021 (village, building, bedroom)
- February 26 – groups who can fill an entire apartment will book rooms
- February 27 & 28 – room selection for smaller groups or singles
- TBD: room change request available to those with assignments
- March 6: SSU students living off campus, study abroad, took a leave of absence or missed the deadline to apply can apply.
- March 15: assign bedspace to those not assigned (rolling basis)
- June 15: Last day to cancel and receive a 50% refund of the Housing Down Payment
Complete the Housing Application
In the application, you will be asked to complete the following:
- Update your Emergency and Missing Contact information - this can be the same person or different people
- Share if you will be seeking accommodations for a disability (you will need to contact Disability Services for Students to make the official request)
- Provide your consent (or not) to live in an apartment with another student who may have an Emotional Support Animal or Service Animal.
- Pay the $300 Housing Down Payment (applied toward Fall housing charges)*
- Accept the license agreement by providing an electronic signature**
- Indicate your interest in being considered for either Sophomore House or Unity House, two of our Residential Learning Communities. For more information about these communities, visit our Residential Learning Community page
*If you are unable to pay the down payment, you may send an email to Elizabeth Chelini which reduces the initial payment and the remaining balance will be on your student account.
**If you are under 18 at the time of applying for housing, your parent/guardian will need to verify the application and acknowledgment of the license agreement. They’ll get an email with instructions on how to complete this verification.
Cancellation Refund Policy
The Housing Down Payment is 50% refundable once the payment is made if requested in writing by June 15, 2019; non-refundable thereafter. Email your refund request to email@example.com.
Receive your Assignment
You will be able to select your roommate and housing space for next year at the end of February. More information will be shared with your SSU email address. This assignment notification will contain your:
- Community (if applicable)
- Room type
- Roommate contact information (for all students living in your suite or apartment)
- Mailing address
- Move-in information